Monday 1 June 2009

All Is Not LOST...

At the moment I am reading a rather good book called The Philosopher's Apprentice which is all about genetics, philosophy and love. Well, love seems to crop up quite a lot in it. None of that sparked off the idea, but the beginning of the book is set on an island idyll and that did seem to strike a chord.

Lost things, where do they go? Keys, umbrellas, cats... I know for a fact that in the last ten years I have lost some pretty odd stuff that has never turned up. A small wooden statue, a smoking pipe, a cordless phone handset. Where did these things disappear to? I haven't the foggiest idea.

What if there was an island full of lost things? And what if a bus was to crash on it? My my, is that a plotbunny taking its first breaths? And as I was thinking these things, I was looking up at the blue summer sky and a half-moon hung there looking other-worldly and strange.
The Isle Of the Moon In The Summer Sky Quite a mouthful but I like the sound of it. And it's not like it can't be revised - probably will be.

And the best thing? The Summer Of Fantasy is coming up on Stringing Words , and if this isn't fantasy, then I'm not sure what is. Even if it is bereft of Hobbitses.

And before I sign off, a little bit of music. Today is the birthday of one of my favourite artists. Jason Webley is a musical genius, dark and beautifully morbid. I heart his music muchly. Anyway, Happy Birthday Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment