Sunday 31 May 2009

LOST ate my plotbunnies

When I was younger I had an idea for a story. It was a bus travelling along a dark road, and then something happened, and the bus ended up somewhere else. In the original version of the idea, the bus crash-landed into Middle Earth, along with all its races of Orcs, Hobbits and Elves. I liked the idea, I really did, but then LOST came on tv and it sort of got shelved. I could imagine people reading it and saying "Oh, you got the idea from LOST!" No, I effing well didn't, thank you very much. It certainly put me off writing it.

Since then that idea has dogged me. When I was reading Stephen King's 'Dark Tower' series, I imagined the bus going through a 'thinney' and crashing into the Wastelands, or his post-apocolyptic post-superflu America. I really really liked that idea too, but that's just blatant plaigrism / fanfic and I don't want none o'that. Fanks, but no fanks.

But today I've had another idea, and it's rather good. I've also left this writing this entry rather late, so I'm going to take a wee break and then post another after midnight. That way I don't break my three day run. Cheating, moi? Not really.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment